The Michigan Department of Heath and Human Services shared tips for safe sleep for infants.
Follow these tips for safe sleep during every nap and night-time routine:
- Place your baby on their back, in a crib, bassinet or pack-n-play for every sleep time.
- Use a firm mattress with a tightly fitted sheet.
- Keep baby’s sleep space clutter free – no pillows, blankets or toys.
- Avoid covering baby’s head or overheating. Instead of a blanket, consider using a sleep sack, wearable blanket or footed sleeper to keep baby warm.
- Remind everyone who cares for your baby, including babysitters and family members, how to keep baby safe while sleeping.
Please click HERE to connect to the MDHHS site directly for more information.